What are the elements of a collectivist paradise?
Here they are:
- Free healthcare and medical for everyone
- Free food, clothing, and housing for everyone
- Only the police have guns
- Everyone receives these benefits equally
- Paid for and distributed by the government (tax payers?)
The ultimate environment, where all of these “benefits” are realized today, is our prison system. (By the way, “liberal paradise” seems inflammatory, but I think today’s liberal is synonymous with a collectivist.) Yes, it’s an exaggeration, but it illustrates the slippery slope. It seems that our country is moving in this direction. You may rightly say, “Yes, but that’s an environment wherein the individual’s freedom is taken away! It’s also a punishment for some wrongdoing and a way of controlling large numbers of people.” Exactly.
Of course, it’s an exaggeration, right? What is your definition of paradise?