Read what others have to say about Mark Henderson:
[Henderson] uses personal narrative to explore what otherwise might be a highly cerebral subject matter. He grapples with deep philosophical issues and at the same time evoke deep emotion. His vulnerable display of his own life experience animates the story and invites the audience in. –Luke Zubrod
As a business practitioner, I found myself spending hours researching speakers, to make sure we had just the right fit. My hope is that this page will make it easy for you to get the information you need to make the best decision possible. Thanks for stopping by. Thanks also for considering me. I am honored.
This page provides an overview of what I have to offer, along with a taste of what you can expect. You can click on the links below to take you directly to the relevant sections.
- What You Can Expect
- A Little Bit About Me
- My Video Clips
- My Most Requested Topics
- My Upcoming Engagements
- My Previous Engagements
- The Next Step
Here’s what you can expect from me and my team:
- Prompt, professional replies to your phone calls and email messages.
- A personal phone consultation with a member of my team prior to your event, so we can better understand how I can best serve you and your audience.
- An announcement about your event on my blog and social media channels. (This assumes that your event is open to the public and you want additional visibility for it.)
- A professionally prepared, dynamically delivered presentation focused on achieving the outcomes you want with your audience.
- A custom resource page, exclusively created for your attendees. It will include the slides I used in the presentation, along with links to books, articles, and other resources I believe will be helpful.
- A quick follow-up communication after the event with someone on my team, to make sure I met your expectations. (I also want to know how you think I can improve.)
I am a comfortable public speaker and I enjoy interactivity from audiences of all sizes. I spoken to diverse audiences: Atheist, Christian, and mixed. I have appeared on Bloomberg TV, CBN, MRC-TV, and FreedomWorks On Tap, and dozens of syndicated and local radio shows. I have also published several articles for venues interested in promoting some aspect of the the conversation between disparate world views.
I have spent most of my career in the some form of the capital markets, most recently growing new business at the largest independent derivatives consultant in world. I have experience in investment banking, commercial banking, and as a private equity investor.
While I continue to serve clients and corporations, I now devote my time to writing, consulting, and speaking. My growing platform includes:
- The Soul of Atlas website and blog http://SoulofAtlas.com
- Facebook Page entitled, The Soul of Atlas http://FaceBook.com/SoulofAtlas
- Twitter: @SoulofAtlas
My first book, The Soul of Atlas: Ayn Rand, Christianity, a Quest for Common Ground (Reason Publishing, 2013), has reached the Top 10 ranking in two Amazon subcategories: Social Philosophy and Agnosticism.
I have been happily married to my wife, Kristin, for twenty-two years. We have three sons and one Goldendoodle. We live outside of Philadelphia, PA. In my free time, I enjoy reading, tennis, and making my sons laugh.
I speak in corporations, conferences, and non-profits. Here are some samples of me speaking in front of various audiences.
|The Soul of Atlas, a look at the author's life and the relationships surrounding Atlas Shrugged||Atlas Shrugged, movie trailers and the author's story of Ayn Rand's philosophy and Christianity through his two fathers. Large audience, casual, energetic, but conducive to lots of interaction.|
|Common Ground? Author Marries Bible and ‘Atlas Shrugged||An interview with CBN correspondent, Paul Strand, talking about the timeliness of The Soul of Atlas and our current political and social climate.|
Return to Top
Check My Availability
My most requested topics include the following. Keep in mind that I can present these as a keynote or a workshop. Also, I have a half-day, and in some cases, full-day seminar version. Please click on the “More” link at the end of each topic description for more detail.
- Faith and Reason: Two Views that Overlap
- Ayn Rand, Christianity, a Quest for Common Ground
- A Narrative Journey through The Soul of Atlas
- Ayn Rand Meets C. S. Lewis: Perpectives on Sex, Money, and Power for Our World Today
- Who else finds “common ground” in politics?
- Who Cares About a World View and How to Find Yours: A Case Study
- The Individual’s Highest Pursuit: Ayn Rand and Christianity Weigh In
- Is there such a thing as Christian Objectivism?
- Finding Common Ground in Unlikely Places: a framework for building bridges
Thanks again for considering me for your event. You can take the next step by checking my availability. Feel free to send an email to my private email address: [email protected]. Someone on my team will get back with you right away.